According to Rebekah Penny, interpreter at Hobbs State Park – Conservation Area, “Instead of stressing out about finding a good deal on the latest gadget this holiday season, let’s all take the time to be thankful for all that we have here in northwest Arkansas– clean water and air, and time with friends and family. ‘Green Friday’ is a chance to give a gift that is priceless – a connection – a memory! There is true value in our natural areas, recreational activities, and traditions. Getting out and exploring them with friends and family are those priceless connections – those priceless memories”.
What is your “Connection”? A hike in the woods? Doing a craft? Learning how to tie flies for fishing?
Penny further added, “Find a real value at Hobbs State Park on Friday, November 25th. Reconnect with the things that most of us find important in life. Hobbs is the ideal place to avoid the stress of crowds, long lines, and rain checks on sale items usually associated with the holidays. Consider new family traditions that you may just find priceless. The memories you make will last far longer than the latest gadget.”
Green Friday activities at Hobbs State Park extend from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm, and include:
- Ozark Plateau Trail and visitor center Scavenger Hunts – all day
- Special appearances by Mother Nature
- 8:30 – noon | “Form follows Function” (bird features)
- 9:30 am – 2 pm | “Get Buggy While Learning about Insects”
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 am | “Tree-mendous Hike”
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. | Fly-tying – Learn from a master.
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. | Making crafts from recyclables
- Noon – 2 pm | “Bird Beak Buffet”
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm | Make recycled instruments
- 3:00 p.m. – The duo Still on the Hill sings songs dedicated to life along the Buffalo River. Free - 100 “Still a River” CD’s
- Eagle Cruise | 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm | Rocky Branch Marina
When: Friday November 25, 2016
Where: Hobbs State Park’s visitor center located on Hwy 12 just east
of the Hwy 12/War Eagle Road intersection.
Cost: All activities Free except Eagle Cruise.
Eagle Cruise cost is $10 Adults + tax, and
$5 + tax for Children (6-12)
Call for eagle cruise reservations or for more information about all of the Green Friday family activities. 479-789-5000