A host of FREE and fun family-orientated events will take place at Hobbs State Park – Conservation Area Sunday October 6, 2019. Activities will take place at Historical Van Winkle Hollow as well as the Park’s visitor center, both located on Hwy 12 east of Rogers. Bring the entire family to learn about how it was done in the past.
Historic Van Winkle Hollow - 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Blacksmith Demonstration - (You will love his beard)
- Early Food Preservation - (How did they do it?)
- Old Timey Games - (Are you any good walking on stilts?)
- Music - (Tap that foot)
- Stone Tool making Demonstration - (Amazing)
- Van Winkle Historical Presentation - (Great history)
- Pearling (Button Making) – (You can’t buy these at the store.)
- Mountain Woman – (Ask her about turkey hunting.)
- Ozark chinquapin and Dowsing Demo. - (It’s all good.)
- Civil War Soldier – (Yes sir!)
- Dutch oven Demonstration - (Holy yum!)
- “Snake Oil” Salesman - (Don’t let him sell anything to you.)
- Pioneer Homesteader - (Want to make some butter?)
- Tall Tales Tellers - (Would they lie to you? – Yes!)
- Bow Maker – (Osage orange was the best wood for this.)
Hobbs State Park visitor center - 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- See craft demonstrations by:
- and Smockers
- Educational “table top” demonstrations
- Short hikes
Free Shuttle: Please park at the visitor center parking lot on Hwy. 12 just east of the Hwy. 12/War Eagle Road intersection. The free shuttle will run constantly from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. between the visitor center and Historic Van Winkle Trail.
All of these family activities are FREE and the public is welcome. For more information, call: 479-789-5000